Monday, January 9, 2012

Psychology to Architecture

Hello I am a psychology major and I am unsure of what exactly to do with it. But the real confusion lies in that I have no passion in psychology. I only chose it because i was told that having a major was better than none at all. I have a real passion for art in almost every form. That is why I think that architecture might be a better fit for me. You get to design beautiful buildings that will most likely live on for centuries if built well. But I am unsure as to what classes and the processes of becoming an architect. Can you please help me out?
___________

Congrats on your interest in architecture and becoming an architect.

To best learn how to become an architect, I suggest you obtain Becoming an Architect, 2nd Ed., published by Wiley.  You can obtain from Wiley or Amazon.com.  Another source is the website - ARCHCareers.org.

Also, I suggest you review the questions/answers on the following blog -
http://archcareers.blogspot.com/ --.

You share that you are majoring in psychology, but do not indicate your academic year.  If you are close to graduating, finish your degree and pursue the Master of Architecture (3-4 years), a degree designed for those with a degree in other fields.  If you early in your college career, you could consider transferring.

Best on your new path and let me know how I can continue to help.

No comments: