Sunday, February 5, 2012

Educational Qualifications

I wanted to take architecture as a career and wanted to pursue it in The States or The United Kingdom. But, i can't decide whether I should take Physics with Maths in the next two final years of my school or take a combination of Geography+Maths+ Psychology+Economics and then do Architecture! 

Will it be necessary for me to do Physics with maths for the next two years or can I take the above mentioned combination which will help me achieve a better percentage? Taking Physics and maths may pull me down and not help me score very high, whereas the Humanities combo may help me attain an excellent final result after which I can get an admission to any college of my preference. But, if i take Humanities next year, will I still be eligible to do architecture in the USA or the UK? 
__________

Congrats on your decision to pursue architecture.  As I am in the United States, I will address your questions from that perspective; please note that are some differences between U.S. and U.K.

From a preparation standpoint, the physics/mathematics sequence would be better for you.  I recognize that that sequence may be more challenging, but it will provide better preparation for you.  Ultimately, the decision is up to you.

To be sure, you may wish to contact architecture programs (
http://www.archschools.org).  Most architecture programs in the U.S. will require four years of mathematics courses and three-four science courses from high school. 

Best.
 
Dr. Architecture 

No comments: