Thursday, February 16, 2012

BArch or MArch?

I just came across your website/blog. and I thought you're the perfect person for me to ask a question which I desperately need an answer to. 

I did my Bachelor in Interior Design, worked for a year then started my MSc in Sustainable Design of the Built Environment, which I'll be finishing off this June. I am now really interested in architecture and I'm looking to further continue my studies to be able to become an architect. 

My problem is I don't know whether to go for a BArch or MArch. I am really confused. I would really appreciate your insight on this? 

I hope I'm not bothering you. After going through your blog, I am under the impression that you help people in Architecture topics?

Many thanks and regards
________
 
I am pleased to help.

Given you have (will have) two degrees, you should consider applying to the Master of Architecture (3-4 years) designed for those that already have a degree.  Available at over 50 institutions, these degrees started in the 1980s as more and more individuals with a degree in another discipline were pursuing degrees in architecture.

If you were to pursue a BArch, it would take you a minimum of four and maybe the full five years because of the studio sequence.


A resource for you is ARCHSchools.org, a database of accredited degree programs.

I hope this helps!  

No comments: