Sunday, December 29, 2013

Networking - Architectural Visualization

Good morning Dr. Architecture.

I'm 34 years old. I have been one year living in Washington DC. I´m resident permanent.

I born in Peru, where I obtained a bachelor of architecture at "Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria". My specialty is architectural vizualization (3D images and animations). I start my new live in DC, but its difficult for me to connect with the profession, because I´m learning English language, and start to create a network in the profession.

I want learn new knowledge, continue my studies and obtain more experience in the profession. You could offer me a good advice, about where start my studies, and how start to work in an DC architecture office.

I appreciate your help.
_____________

Congrats on your pursuit of architecture and architectural visualization.

First, access to education in DC is plentiful.  There are a number of accredited architecture programs in DC - Catholic University of America, Howard University, University of Maryland, and VTech has a branch campus in Alexandria, VA known as the Washington-Alexandria Center.  All of these are good places to start with your network - attend lectures, connect with professors, etc.  For a list of the programs, visit http://www.naab.org --

As well, join the professional association - American Institute of Architects (AIA) with their local chapter - DC AIA (http://aiadc.com/).  As well, there are other institutions that may be helpful including the National Building Museum - (http://www.nbm.org).

I hope this provides you a start.  Best!

Dr. Architecture

No comments: