Saturday, September 15, 2012

Licensed Architect?

I would like to know if I can be a licensed architect with the following background:
I have 1) B.S. of Architecture from University of Wisconsin Milwaukee (a 4-year program),
2) Masters of Science of Architecture from MIT, Aga Khan Program for Islamic Architecture (a 2-year degree).

Can I still receive a licence and be a practicing licensed architect with such education? Does it depends on State? If yes, what do I need to do to gain my license?

__________

Most jurisdictions regulating licensure require a professional NAAB accredited degree (BArch or MArch) to fulfill the education requirement for becoming an architect.

From what you list below, it appears that you have the post-professional Master of Science in Architecture.

I would suggest you contact the state department of professional regulation to clarification.  You may also wish to contact NCARB -
http://www.ncarb.org -- to learn the steps to becoming an architect -- 1) education, 2) experience and 3) examination.

Thanks!

No comments: