Thursday, April 26, 2012

Making a Decision

Thank you first of all for your website and all it's truly helpful information. I was wondering if you could provide some insight from a professional standpoint. Currently I'm deciding between Penn State and Virginia Tech. 

I was accepted into Penn State's architecture program, but only university studies for Virginia Tech. I'm very interested in attending Tech however, and trying to decide whether or not transferring in would be a suitable option for me. I'm willing to work hard, extremely hard, but it is a risk to try to get in, especially when I've been accepted to Penn State and Rensselaer. 

Could you give me your opinion on any of these three colleges? I'm very interested in city design (especially working for a firm such as SOM), although I also am open to designing houses. Thank you for your time!
_______

Thanks for you kind words on the website and its helpful information.

Having previously worked at an institution that had a two-tier admissions process, I would strongly advise you to pursue you top desired program despite what obstacles there may be -- If you are interested in VTech, contact them to best learn the process of switching from University Studies to Architecture; I found the following website, but contact the actual architecture program.

Ask how many students they accept from University Studies?  Are you able to meet the requirements as listed above?

Unfortunately, I do not have personal insights on the three institutions that you mention.  Instead, think of the criteria by which you wish to determine your decision -- location, cost, facilities, reputation, size, etc.  Compare each program against your criteria to determine which is the best for you.


Ironically, the three programs from which you are deciding are in rural locations yet you are interested in city design.  Which of the three will provide the avenue for you.


I wish you the best and do let me know what you decide.

No comments: