Friday, December 2, 2011

Practice Options

Lately, I have been doing a great deal of research on what I term "Architecture and Beyond."  Individuals with an architectural education who have pursued a career path beyond traditional practice.  

I will write a more involved entry later, but I wanted to bring attention to a new feature on Archinect entitled Practice Options.  The tag line is "to be an architect or not be an architect; or to be an architect without really being an architect.  Or to be something else with a background in architecture.

Anyway, below is the first profile.  Enjoy.

"Through the magical medium of Twitter, I had the pleasure of virtually meeting Nic Granleese, an architectural photographer in Melbourne, Australia. He is a self-described 'registered, but non-practicing architect'--and after seeing that description, I knew I'd found the perfect candidate for my first profile of an architect doing something else.?

Dr. Architecture

No comments: