Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bachelor Prospect

I will be going back to school in the fall for a career change, I am considering this as my field right now though all I want to go for is my Bachelors. How far can I get with that?
__________

First, I suggest you fully review the ARCHCareers.org website as it fully outlines the process of becoming an architect. As well, you may wish to obtain Becoming an Architect, 2nd Edition available from Amazon.com.

Also, please visit http://archcareers.blogspot.com/ for additional information.

To meet the educational standard for becoming an architect, you must obtain a professional NAAB accredited degree; this includes either the Bacheor of Architecture (5 years), Master of Architecture (2 years with a pre-professional degree), Master of Architecture (3-4 years with a degree in another discipline), and the Doctor of Architecture.

So, we you say, "go for your Bachelors," I am not sure if you mean four-year undergraduate degree or the five-year Bachelor of Architecture. As you can see from above, if you already have an undergraduate degree, you can pursue the Master of Architecture (3-4 years). If you mean, Bachelor of Architecture, you can pursue licensure and become a full-fledged architect.

I hope this helps. Feel free to contact me again if you have questions.

Dr. Architecture

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi

My best friend has just joined an Architecture Program. He is very creative in art and design work. He is also very smart in his Architecture Program