Sunday, January 31, 2010

I am currently a junior year at my school and i was wondering how can I improve my creativity in order to become an architect. I'm just taking my architecture class this year but i feel like i need to take some other classes as well to improve my creativity. Any suggestions?
______

First, what architecture classes are you taking this year?

There are many ways to improve your creativity. Here are some --
  • Look -- Look all around you at the built environment. Look at the details of a door, a window, or another part of a building to see the creativity.
  • Draw -- If you can take a freehand drawing art course while still in high school. If not, simply start to draw. First, draw what you can see -- your hand, a tree leaf, a shoe. Later, draw what you cannot see but is in your imagination.
  • Read -- Check out books on architecture and read about design and creativity.
  • High School Summer Program -- If you schedule allows, attend one of the many high school summer programs that architecture programs offer. A list is available from www.archcareers.org.
Dr. Architecture

No comments: