Monday, December 21, 2009

Degree/Career Path in Architecture

Hi Dr. Architecture,
I have a question about becoming a licence architect. I went online to archcareers.org but I couldn't find any guide or answer about my career path. I'm planning to go back to school and finish my undergraduate program in architecture at Academy of Arts University. The question is what is my path to follow if I have a BFA in Architecture?
_______

First, to become an architect, you need to accomplish three tasks 1) obtain a professional accredited degree in architecture, 2) complete the requirements of Intern Development Program (IDP), and 3) pass the Architect Registration Examination (ARE).

As you have a BFA in Architecture, you are eligible to pursue a Master of Architecture (3-4 years) for individuals who have an undergraduate degree in a discipline other than architecture. Resources to review include the following:

www.naab.org -- list of accredited programs in the U.S.

www.archschools.org -- guide to architecture programs with more details than the website listed above.

Dr. Architecture

No comments: