Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Master vs. Bachelor

Greetings Dr. Architecture,

I heard from a professor that in order to be licensed to design a building, you'd have to have a Master's Degree in Architecture. My question is, if I'm only aiming to be a part of a design team will a bachelor's degree in architecture be adequate? Thank you in advance for answering. 

To be an architect in the U.S., you must have a professional NAAB accredited degree in architecture.  As stated by NAAB, you may either pursue the Bachelor of Architecture (5 years), the Master of Architecture (2-4 years after an undergraduate degree) or the Doctor of Architecture.

Students reviewing work

Thus, what do you wish to be?  If you wish to be an architect, you can pursue either the master or bachelor degree.


No comments: