Sunday, April 22, 2012

High School to Architecture School

I'm a senior in high school. Lately, I have been thinking alot about what i want to study in college and i have decided i want to be an architect. The problem is i only took one class this year and from what i understand, the architecture industry is very competitive. I have a 25 on my ACT and my GPA is around 3.4. Is there any hope for me getting into an architecture school?
___________

Bottom line, there is hope for you to gain admission to architecture school.  I suggest you begin the process of researching architecture programs via -- www.naab.org -- and -- www.archschools.org -- to learn which programs are a good fit for you.

Once you have narrowed down your choices, plan to visit a few of them and learn of their admissions processes and requirements. 


There is a full range of programs available meaning there is one that is right for you.  If your high school credentials are not adequate, you can consider attending a community college first to build your academics and transfer.

Best to you on your path -- You may also consider attending a summer program this summer -- visit
www.archcareers.org -- for a list.

Finally, obtain the book Becoming an Architect, 2nd Ed. to learn all you need to know to become an architect.

Dr. Architecture

No comments: