Friday, January 20, 2012

I just got a job offer from a large corporate firm.  The job title they gave me is designer.  However, I have a first professional M.Arch degree and I want to pass the IDP, ARE and become an architect finally.  Am I still eligible for all of these procedure with the 'designer' title since it is not an "architectural designer"? Or it doesn't really matter as long as i have a chance to touch all the sections(programming, schematic design, construction documents, etc.) IDP requires.
_______

If your goal is to pursue licensure, your title has no impact as long as you able to count your experience towards IDP given your work setting.

Review the full IDP Guidelines available from http://www.ncarb.org and you see nothing on position title.

Dr. Architecture

No comments: