Friday, September 16, 2011

Computer Science to Architecture

I am a final year engineering student pursuing my degree in computer science. I have always been interested in architecture but for some reason, I couldn't do my bachelors in the same. Now that my degree is about to end, I'd like to know if there is any degree in architecture or design that I can pursue now, as my masters.

Absolutely!  As you have an undergraduate degree in an unrelated discipline (computer science), you are eligible to apply to the Master of Architecture (3-4 years).  If you visit either NAAB - or ARCHSchools - - you can research programs that have such a degree, about 50-60 in the country.

Do be aware that you will need to submit a portfolio as part of your application for admission; you should consider taking a drawing/art course prior to graduation if possible.


Dr. Architecture

No comments: