Saturday, March 23, 2013

Salary - Compensation Package

I have recently had a job interview for a large practice in Washington DC. Coming from the UK I can generally work out the average salary and what to expect from firms here, however I am unsure of what a company in the US might be able to offer me.

I am trying to gain a bit more of an understanding in terms of the average salary of an architect, what kind of package in terms of healthcare I could be expecting and if it is unreasonable to as for a relocation package being that it is the private sector?

Any help you can give is much appreciated.

____________


Thanks for your inquiry, but my expertise does not cover salary or compensation packages.  

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/architects.htm

Another source is to contact the local chapter of the professional association - AIA - http://aiadc.com

As for other aspects of an offer - health insurance, relocation package, etc., there is not a great deal of data available, but I truly believe that all is negotiable.  However, you would not wish to bring this up until an offer is imminent.

I hope this helps.

No comments: