Monday, November 21, 2011

Design Professions in Canada

I am graduated in Nuclear Physics in Iran. But I am  a Canadian citizen. I want to pursue my education in Canada . I am fond of interior design. I really like to design and make the inside of houses and restaurants and offices calmness ,beautiful ,interesting. I have searched for Interior Design as a master program , unfortunately I have not found any things. Is master of Landscape Architecture  suitable for me?  If yes , I do not take any architecture courses , I just make some handicrafts for designing  houses, can I apply for  Master of Landscape Architecture and  Architecture  at Canadian universities ?
And, does it have some smaller courses? I mean, I do not mind to study master of it , if there is any certificates, or courses which take less time ( about 6 months or so) and help me to find a good job.

First, my expertise is in becoming an architect in the U.S., not interior design nor landscape architecture in Canada.  With that said, check the following for CIDA accredited programs in Canada.  One institution, states that they have a Master of Interior Design.
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB
Master of Interior Design (2005, 2011)

Below are accredited landscape architecture programs in Canada.

If you wish to pursue architecture, visit the following.

I would suggest you determine which of the design disciplines you wish to pursue and do so.  Best.

No comments: