Sunday, May 22, 2011

Degree Route?

I believe a possible route would be to get a BA in an undergraduate degree and then  continue on to a two or three year Masters degree in Architecture. What undergrad degree’s would you suggest and what school’s would you suggest looking into on an online degree?
To obtain the professional accredited degree, there are three choices - 1) Bachelor of Architecture (5 years), 2) Master of Architecture (4 year pre-professional degree plus 2 year Master of Architecture, and 3) Master of Architecture (4 year undergraduate degree - any discipline plus 3-4 year Master of Architecture.

If you were to select choice 3, you could pursue any undergraduate degree, but select a major in which you will succeed academically and allow you to pursue some art/drawing courses as you will need to submit a portfolio as part of applying to the Master of Architecture.

As for online degrees, I have no insight.


Dr. Architecture

No comments: