Sunday, April 10, 2011

Foreign Architect

I am writing in regard to my career and new situation as I am an architect holding an architectural BSC. degree from a university in Egypt, I am also PMP certified and working for a firm in Kuwait.  However I am now U.S. green card holder and I am seriously thinking to move to the United States NYC. Please advise me what process needed to be done in order to be able to work in NYC and if my certificate needs accreditation what steps should I follow.
Your support will be highly appreciated

To become a licensed architect in the U.S., one needs 1) education, 2) experience, and 3) examination.  While it slightly varies from state to state, NCARB does require a professional accredited degree in architecture, completion of IDP and passing of the ARE to obtain certification allowing one to gain reciprocity from state to state.

For your education in Egypt, you will need to have it evaluated by EESA - -- It is a process by which they evaluate your education against the NCARB Education Standard.

You may also wish to review the following from NCARB --

Dr. Architecture 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lee you had present a wonderful blog on architecture here. I like to read more in deep on your project here.
dean graziosi