Saturday, January 25, 2014

From India to St. Louis, MO

I am an architect and environmental planner with three years of professional experience in India. I recently relocated to St. Louis, USA. I would like to know if I can work in US as well. For that do I need to register for NCARB (or any other for architecture as well as planning) in US? Also, my past professional experience involved research work on urban development studies (like climate change and cities, green building etc.) Are there any such organizations in St. Louis which undertake such researches?

It would be great if you could guide me on this.
Thank you and regards.

To work in the U.S., you would need to confirm the labor laws; I am not an expert, but it is my understanding that you must either be a U.S. citizen or have a permit to work.

With respect to being an architect, I suggest you contact NCARB - - to learn more.  As you are an architect in India, you will need to follow the process of becoming an architect in the U.S.  Aside from NCARB, contact the state department of professional regulation in the state of Missouri to learn the requirements of the state.

As for your research, I am sorry I cannot be of direct help.  You may wish to contact the School of Architecture at Washington University.

Sorry I cannot be of more assistance.


No comments: