Saturday, January 11, 2014

Research Project - Architect

I am doing a research project on a environmental career that interests me for my Environmental AP class. The career I have chosen is something that I could possibly see myself doing in the future which would be architect. The whole point of this project is for me to interview a person with this career via email, phone or in person. I chose the option of email.  I was not quite sure which email to select on the website so my apologies if I happened to pick the wrong one. Below are questions that must be answered for my research project, please answer with as much detail as you can and thank you so much for taking the time to answer this. 

1. What do they do for community (the service provided)?

2. How do they provide their service?

3. What resources are used by them in providing the service?

4. Where do they work?

5. What time during the day do they work?

6. What other professions are they dependent upon for functioning of their profession (i.e. janitor, delivery person, secretary, and repair person)?

7. What special adaptions (skills, education, tools, behaviors) do they use or required to have? How do they acquire these adaptions?

8. What other professions do they compete with if any?

9. What other professions do they cooperate with if any?

10. What benefits (spiritual, emotional, and financial) do they get from their career?

11. Is this career adaptive? As the economic community and our society change will the career still be needed in the future?

12. Discuss how a career is like a niche in an ecosystem. 

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions and may you have a nice day.

_________________

I very much appreciate your contacting me to help you with your research project on an environmental career that interests you, but unfortunately, I am not an architect to directly address your questions.

To that end, I would suggest you contact the area chapter of the American Institute of Architect to talk firsthand with an architect.

However, you may wish to use the following resources to answer the questions you pose.

Occupational Outlook Handbook - Architects

Becoming an Architect: A Guide to Careers in Design - 2nd Edition
www.wiley.com/buy/9780470372104

Ginsberg, Beth. (2004). The ECO Guide to Careers that Make a Difference: Environmental Work for a Sustainable World. Washington, DC: Island Press. ISBN 1-55963-967-9.

I do hope these resources are helpful in preparing for your project.  

Thanks and Best!

No comments: