Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Internship

Currently I live in  California. I have done B.Arch, (1999) in India. After 12 years, I am planning to start my career to empower my skills.  I am planning to start interior course in community college.
                                

I am wondering does this correct path to enter an internship an architectural firm?  If you give some ideas to get internship process it would be great.
_________________

If you desire to gain employment in the architectural profession, you have the education to apply for positions within architecture firms.  Granted, you applied a number of years ago, but you should be able to search for employment accordingly.

Certainly, you may seek additional skills from a community college as you outline. 


To gain a position, I would suggest the best approach is networking -- Connect with architects through the local AIA chapter or other organizations where you learn about firms.  Sometimes, you can connect via architecture programs.

Best.

No comments: