Friday, June 24, 2011

Becoming an Architect - First Step

I was interested in some advice and information regarding architecture. I am currently 25 years of age, didn’t have the opportunity to finish high school but, I receive my G.E.D. I was just wondering what a person in my situation would do to start my track to become an architect. I have the drive and motivation to do what needs to be done just need to be set on the right track. Any info will be much needed and helpful thanks again.
_______

As you are at the beginning, a great place to start is both ARCHCareers.org and the book, Becoming an Architect, 2nd Edition.

Of course, the first step is to fully understand the path - 1) education, 2) experience, and 3) exam.  Also, if possible set-up an information interview with an architect to learn first hand the profession.


The true first step is education - you will need to determine which education path is best for you and start the application process to architecture programs.  It may be worth starting at a community college with general education courses and transfer to a program later.

To explore programs, visit
www.naab.org or www.archschools.org.

This will get you started.  Feel free to write back with more detailed questions.

No comments: