Sunday, November 14, 2010

3D Animation in Architecture

I have a bachelors degree in film from the University of Notre Dame and a certificate in 3D animation from the Center for Digital Imaging Arts at Boston University. I specialize in 3D architectural visualizations and am looking to work for an architecture firm. However, I am having difficulty finding anywhere that is hiring. As I am just starting out in this field, I am unsure how to get my name out or how to find these kinds of positions.

I am located in Williston, VT (right near Burlington) but should theoretically be able to work for anyone from home. Do you have any suggestions of places I should look at or how I should proceed with my career search? I am also happy to provide any other information you think may be useful. I appreciate your help.
__________

Congratulations on your degree from Notre Dame and additional certificate. As you may know, my expertise is truly on becoming an architect, but I will add my insight that I will hope be helpful.

As you wish to work for an architecture firm, you should be connected to architects; the best way is to become a professional affiliate of the American Institute of Architects (AIA - http://www.aia.org -- AIA Vermont - http://www.aiavt.org/)

Additional resources
SMIBE is a volunteer-run educational and professional organization that supports the advancement of moving image arts about the built environment.


There are too many to list, but simply use a search engine in your internet browser to search for "3D animation in architecture firms." Read professional journals, attend conferences on the topic and even consider beginning a blog on the topic to get you name out. I found this one -- not exactly, but seems to be helpful.

http://knol.google.com/k/3d-architectural-renderings#

Think of yourself as a business that has a skill/expertise to offer. Who might need your skills? Think big beyond just architecture. Perhaps a realtor does to market their homes for sale.


Dr. Architecture

2 comments:

3D Animation said...

I got the information about various 3D Architecture, Architectural Rendering, 3D Animation Services about 3D Architecture Animation.

lobotus said...

This is a great post!
3d architecture