Sunday, February 24, 2013

Post-Professional MS in Architecture


I attended Rachna Sansad Academy of Architecture in Mumbai, India and pursued the B.Arch.  I completed my B.Arch degree last year. Right now I am practicing in a small architectural firm.  Yes, i am getting a lot of new things to learn here.  I'm planning to apply for master in advanced architecture next year.

But I'm confused where to do it from.  I m very much inspired by all those fancy huge structures which we see in abroad, but on the other hand people say there is no scope in the states and u.k. I am really messed up with all options in front of me.

I will be really great full to you if get your kind guidance in this critical situation . 

Thank you
__________________

I may not be able to provide the guidance you need because my expertise is on architectural education and becoming an architect in the U.S.

First, I suggest you search on my blog - http://archcareers.blogspot.com - as I am addressed similar questions before.  Next, the decision you make on where to consider continuing your architecture education depends on the next step of your career.

With your B.Arch, you may pursue what the U.S. calls a post-professional degree in architecture, typically by the name of Master of Science in Architecture.  Probably the best resources to research programs is ARCHSchools.org -- a resource that allows you to search programs based on different criteria (see below).

Because the post-professional allows you to focus on an area of specialization, you should think about which is of more interest.

Best.

  • Specialization
    • Architectural Design
    • Art and Design
    •  Building Information Modeling
    •  Building Technology/Environmental Systems
    •  Community Design
    •  Computer-Aided Design
    •  Energy
    • Engineering
    •  Environment/Sustainability
    •  Graphic Design
    •  History
    •  Housing
    •  Interior Design/Architecture
    •  International And Regional Architecture
    •  International Development
    •  Landscape Design
    •  Photography
    •  Preservation
    •  Professional Practice
    •  Sacred Spaces
    •  Sustainablility
    •  Tectonics
    •  Theory/Criticism
    •  Urban Planning and Design

No comments: