Monday, August 13, 2012

Business to Architecture

I am writing for wisdom on how to fulfill my dream, of becoming an architect. 
I completed my undergraduate studies in business with a B.A. in 2007 (Fairleigh Dickinson U in N.J.). My grades were mediocre (2.5) and I have never been formally educated in anything architecture related.
My career has consisted of banking, business development, and human resources management.
As a 27yr old who does not want to start college from scratch again, what can I do, and how should I go about it?
I live in NYC and I am very sincere in my desire to study architecture. 

Thank you for your time and your generous advice. 
________________

Given you have an undergraduate degree albeit in another discipline, you are eligible to apply to the Master of Architecture (3-4 years) at any of the accredited programs -- http://www.naab.org.

As you are in NYC, I suggest you touch base with one of the programs in the city.  As most will only accept applicants in the fall, you will have time until December / January to apply.  One part of the application to start is the portfolio.  Most require a portfolio of creative work.


You may wish to consider taking a drawing course to create work for it.
 
Best! 

No comments: