Friday, July 15, 2011

Urban Planning

I am an architecture student as well, but I have an interest in Urban Planning. Do I need to get a different degree to go into that field? 

Much depends on what you wish to do with your interest in Urban Planning.  At first, you could simply take a few courses in the subject assuming your institution offers such courses.

Next, you could certainly pursue a degree in Urban Planning beyond your degree in architecture.  Many institutions offer a joint degree in architecture and urban planning.  Other resources to research are the following:

American Planning Association -

Dr. Architecture

1 comment:

CSQTown Planner said...

Although urban planning is not a major concern of ordinary people, understanding the aspects considered in urban planning could help us appreciate our community better, and perhaps even advance suggestions to make it more conducive to living and residency. Thanks for valuable post.
Melbourne town planning