Monday, February 8, 2010

Structural Engineering to Architecture

I'm a freshmen at the University of California: San Diego. My major is Structural engineering but I would like to be an architect. What kind of courses would I have to take in order to pursue a degree in architecture.

Your desire is to become an architect, but do you plan to continue in your studies in structural engineering as an undergraduate or do you plan to transfer to an architecture program?

If you continue in engineering, you should be set to eventually pursue a graduate program in architecture - Master of Architecture with regards to mathematics and physics, but consider taking art or freehand drawing courses.

To consider transferring, contact either of the two programs in San Diego, CA to learn more about an architecture curriculum --

Woodbury University
School of Architecture

NewSchool of Architecture and Design

Dr. Architecture


teacher said...

Nice.. Good concept you have there. they are related to each other.

digital signage software said...

yeah i agree with you there. I like to be an engineer but then its more amazing to be an architect.

Unknown said...

Blogs are so informative where we get lots of information on any topic. Nice job keep it up!!

Education Dissertation

Unknown said...

Very informative write up on Architecture course.This course is a combination of art and creation.
Architecture Program

Buy Dissertation said...

Your blog is really helps for my search and amazingly it was on my searching criteria.. Thanks a lot..
Buy Dissertation Online

Unknown said...

Really you have guided in very good manner how to switch from structural engineering to architecture .Your guidance is useful for people for those who want to be an architect. Thanks.
Structural Engineer Australia

Unknown said...

Nice article, thanks for the information. It's very complete information. I will bookmark for next reference
jaring futsal | jaring golf