Sunday, January 24, 2010

BA in Art History, wanting to be an architect

I am currently taking courses to receive my BA in Art History. I have always been interested in being an Architect and I am looking into further education after I graduate with my degree in order to become one. I have heard mixed opinions about Art History and Architecture mixing, but I was wondering if you could help me in telling me what my best option would be. Can I go on to an MArch with this 4-year BA under my belt? Or would I have to start from scratch?

The least amount of time it takes for me to receive the Architecture degree the better, but I don't know where to even start to look or what applies and what doesn't.

Thank you so much for your time, I hope this makes sense and that you can possibly help me out.
_________

To begin the process, visit the blog listed below which lists answers to questions from previous individuals who have contacted me and obtain Becoming an Architect, 2nd Edition.


Given your BA in Art History, you are eligible to begin the path of becoming an architect by pursuing the first professional degree, Master of Architecture (3-4 years). These degrees are targeted for individuals like you that have a degree in another discipline. There is no need to start from scratch.

To research programs, visit -- www.naab.org -- and -- www.archschools.org --. You may also wish to consider taking a freehand drawing course as you will need to prepare a portfolio for admission.

Depending on your desires, you may be too late for Fall 2010 but some programs may still accept applications for the fall; otherwise, take the year to visit programs and prepare your application for Fall 2011.

If you have more questions, please feel free to contact me. Best to you.

Dr. Architecture

No comments: