Wednesday, January 16, 2013


I have a B.Arch (Architect) from India, and currently struggling for following three issues:

1. Not able to find a job in US, I am currently in Phoenix AZ. Can you please suggest some good jobsite where I might able to see some openings.

2. Are there any distance learning universities where I can get my M. Arch completed.

3. Is the Indian B. Arch degree valid in US? Can I start my own practice with Indian Architecture Degree?

Here is a start on your issues/questions.

1. I would steer you away from websites and network.  If you have not done so, join the AIA chapter or attend lectures/events frequented by architects to network.  Research the firms in the region and contact them with your materials.

2. There are two accredited M.Arch programs that a portion of their program is delivered online - Boston Architectural College and Lawrence Technological University.  You can visit - for their websites.  

3. The simple answer is NO, but you can still apply for licensure within the U.S; contact and review the information for foreign-educated individuals.  You will need to have your education evaluated through EESA to determine its equivalency to the NCARB Education Standard.

As for starting your own practice, the answer would be YES, but you could not practice architecture until you became licensed in the state in which you practice.  You could hire architects in the interim.

No comments: