Monday, September 4, 2017

Civil engineering to Architecture

I am a Civil Engineering student currently studying in India. Upon my completion of my undergraduate degree, I wanted to do my masters in Architecture. I wanted to inquire if Universities in South Korea or Singapore offer Master in Architecture programs to students without a bachelor in Architecture.

I needed some advice on this, if this is the right move for me to follow to get a job in the States and if this change in profession will effect my career in any way.

Thank you for your time.
___________________
 
First, please understand that my expertise is on becoming an architect in the U.S.

To determine if the universities you list allow students to enter their graduate programs without a bachelor of architecture, I would suggest you contact them directly.

Many institutions in the U.S. would allow you to enter their master of architecture with your civil engineering degree but it would take between 3-4 years to complete.

If your longer term goal is to pursue a position in the U.S., you may wish to consider attending your graduate studies in the U.S.

https://studyarchitecture.com/

The above listed website is a great resource to learn about architecture programs in the U.S.

Best.
Dr. Architecture

No comments: