Monday, September 4, 2017

Civil engineering to Architecture

I am a Civil Engineering student currently studying in India. Upon my completion of my undergraduate degree, I wanted to do my masters in Architecture. I wanted to inquire if Universities in South Korea or Singapore offer Master in Architecture programs to students without a bachelor in Architecture.

I needed some advice on this, if this is the right move for me to follow to get a job in the States and if this change in profession will effect my career in any way.

Thank you for your time.
First, please understand that my expertise is on becoming an architect in the U.S.

To determine if the universities you list allow students to enter their graduate programs without a bachelor of architecture, I would suggest you contact them directly.

Many institutions in the U.S. would allow you to enter their master of architecture with your civil engineering degree but it would take between 3-4 years to complete.

If your longer term goal is to pursue a position in the U.S., you may wish to consider attending your graduate studies in the U.S.

The above listed website is a great resource to learn about architecture programs in the U.S.

Dr. Architecture

No comments: