Saturday, June 14, 2014

NAAB and Becoming an Architet

Dr. Architecture:


I have a few questions in mind. I am a little perplexed when my parents ask me what I want to become. I want to become an architect. The only problem is that I dont know which college or university to take admission in. I reside in India,and I study in class 12. I read about this in NAAB. I wanted to know what is it about and which colleges in Asia are registered with it..

Thank you
______________

First, congrats on your pursuit of becoming an architect.  

Next, NAAB is the National Architectural Accrediting Board -- (http://www.naab.org).  As you can read from their website, they accredit architecture programs in the U.S.  In addition, they maintain a list of accredited programs with websites for you to research.

Unfortunately, they do NOT accredit programs outside the U.S.

An additional resource for you is Becoming an Architect, 3rd ed. -- Again, it is written for becoming an architect in the U.S., but it may still be useful.

Becoming an Architect: A Guide to Careers in Design - 3rd Edition


Best.

No comments: