Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Canadian Degree

Dear Dr. Architecture,

If I were to graduate from an accredited MArch program in Canada, would I be able to take my licensure exam and work within the U.S.?



Below is a statement from the NCARB Handbook for Interms and Architects. As you can see, a degree from Canada (CACB accredited) will allow you to gain the NCARB Certificate but you will need to contact each state to check their requirements. You can access their requirements from the NCARB website -- www.ncarb.org --

In most cases, the answer should be YES.

You must hold a professional degree in architecture from a program accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) or the Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB) not later than two years after your graduation, or hold a professional degree in architecture, certified by the CACB, from a Canadian university.

Dr. Architecture

1 comment:

Unknown said...


I have just joined this Architecture Program. I don't have any ideas for this but i will give you proper answer after sometime. I will ask to my seniors. Then i will give you proper reply.