Below are just a handful. Truly, the best search is AIA Scholarship to learn if a local chapter of the AIA provides scholarships or Scholarship for Architecture Students.
Diversity Advancement Scholarship
Maybe you chose architecture because you want to design a better world. Or you can’t imagine doing anything else. One thing’s for certain: You love this work. And we’d love to help fund your college experience with a multiyear scholarship, up to $20,000.
The Diversity Advancement Scholarship was created to help more minority students pursue a successful career in architecture. Multiple scholarships are available.
$20,000 scholarshipThe Scholarship is looking for minority students whose imagination and design thinking will influence the future of the built environment and the architecture profession. Eligible students must be a U.S. citizen, have a minimum 3.0 GPA, and be:
- a high school student planning to enroll in a NAAB-accredited architecture degree program; or,
- a rising second-year college student in a NAAB-accredited architecture degree program; or,
- a technical school or community college student who has completed high school or its equivalent and intends to transfer to a NAAB-accredited architecture program
Apply online starting October 25, 2017. The deadline for applications is January 17, 2018, 11:59pm Eastern.
- Review the eligibility requirements.
- Complete an online application by January 17, 2018.
- Upload all application materials including:
- personal essay
- two letters of recommendation
- two examples of your creative work
- estimated college expenses (requires FAFSA)
- Payette Sho-Ping Chin Memorial Academic Scholarship
- a/e ProNet David W. Lakamp AIA Scholarship
- Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship
American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) - thanks to AIAS for collecting many of the scholarships available to architecture students in a single location; the list includes both national and regional scholarships as well as fellowships.
AIA Chapters -- One of the best sources of scholarships/monies is an AIA Chapter. Clicking AIA Chapters will allow you to search for the chapter near you. But note that sometimes a scholarship is for an individual in the locale of the chapter. For example, the AIA West Virginia provides a scholarship even though there are no architecture programs in West Virginia.
Below are just a few -- there are a lot more if you search.
AIA West Virginia
AIA Minnesota Thomas F. Ellerbe Scholarship
Architecture Programs -- Also, if you are currently a student in an architecture program, be sure to inquire about scholarships for students. For some, you may need to apply; for others, you may be considered by virtue of being a student.
Of course, if you are applying to an architecture program, inquire about scholarships and awards for incoming students. At the graduate level, this may also include teaching assistantships.
There are monies available but you must reach out and search and ask.
Best in your search!