Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Architect? Degree required?

When I graduate college I want to get a job where I plan out houses and then model them using computer software (CAD). Do I need to be a registered architect to do this? What degree will allow me to do this kind of job?

It depends! If you strictly focus on residential projects, you may not need to be an architect but you would need to check with the local municipalities to determine the limits you would have if you were not an architect.

Regardless of whether or not you actually become an architect, I would still suggest major in architecture during college. Now, you state you want to do houses, but what if laws change or you decide to do larger projects, you may want the flexibility of becoming an architect. Having the degree will allow you flexibility in your future.

Dr. Architecture

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Blogs are so informative where we get lots of information on any topic. Nice job keep it up!!

Architecture Dissertation