Tuesday, August 19, 2008

English degree holder to pursue MArch

Dr. Architecture:

I have an interest in architecture however I have already graduated with a four year degree in Liberal Arts; specifically in English literature and a minor in history. I am wondering if I am able to attend a master's program in architecture instead of starting from the beginning. Thank you.

Absolutely! In the past 20 years, institutions have created Master of Architecture degree programs that are designed for individuals who have an undergraduate degree in a discipline other than architecture. You would be well-suited for pursuing this Master of Architecture.

Visit the following websites to determine which programs exist --



Also, be aware that you may wish to consider taking an ART course at a area community college to help you produce work for a portfolio that most programs require when applying. In addition, many require prerequisites of calculus, physics, and freehand drawing.

Given your interest, consider obtaining Becoming an Architect: A Guide to Careers in Design to learn more about the process of becoming an architect.

Dr. Architecture


Anonymous said...

I found free career information on New York Colleges New York Schools, Best Careers in New York (NY) for various Programs like Medical Assisting Degree in New York (NY), College for Criminal Justice Career, Pharmacy Technician Degree NY, Business & Accounting Careers, Network Administration College Degree. So you can also visit.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. Recently I found College Information which offers both Associate of Occupational Studies and Associate in Applied Science degree programs. The programs of study are listed below, Business, Health Disciplines, Criminal Justice and Computer Technology. You can also Visit.